Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad – Roasted asparagus, red onion, and zucchini tossed with orzo pasta, Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan for an easy flavorful side dish recipe.
I love a good pasta salad. They make a great side dish for all sorts of meat main dishes. I also love roasting vegetables, which is just about the easiest and healthiest side dish on the planet. Roasting veggies makes me feel good…like I’m living life right. 😜So why not toss them with some pasta? This Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad is a perfect combo of two things to love!
Don’t be scared to have a pile of veggies on that roasting pan. They cook down a lot once they roast. You can even change up the veggies to the ones you have on hand. It’s another great reason to love this recipe!
Tips for making Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad:
- I picked my favorite vegetables to roast for this salad. You can certainly change up the veggies to suit your personal preference.
- I love orzo! It’s a delicate little pasta that still lets the veggies be the star of this recipe. You can also use another pasta like ditalini or small elbow noodles.
- Do you have any flavored olive oil or flavored balsamic? Those would be wonderful additions to the recipe. I have a tuscan herb and a basil one. Yummo!
- Add some cooked diced chicken for a great lunch!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread veggies onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss veggies to coat them evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Boil orzo until tender in salted water (1/2 tsp kosher salt) and drain.
- Add orzo to a bowl and add in roasted vegetables. Stir in salad dressing and balsamic vinegar. Stir in parmesan cheese and chopped tomato. Taste to season. You can add a little more dressing and vinegar if you prefer.
Other pasta salads you may like:
- Easy Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad
- Southwestern Pasta Salad
- Make-Ahead Pizza Pasta Salad
- Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
- Boiled Shrimp Pasta Salad
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!