This is a post from 2013 which I thought I’d update and bring back front and center on Diary of a Recipe Collector. It’s too good to get lost! I love it for lunch and it makes a great side dish too!
This little pasta salad has all the great flavors of a Supreme Pizza. The first time I made it, I thought, hey this really does taste like a pizza! This pasta is best when it is made ahead and allowed to chill in the refrigerator a few hours or over night.
The dressing is so yummy, and I have trouble deciding if the cubed mozzarella is my favorite part or the pepperoni. No matter which part is your favorite, you will love this little recipe!
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 8 fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bag mini pepperoni or regular pepperoni, chopped
- 12 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced or 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ lb. pasta, such as shells, farfalle, cooked
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine veggies, pepperoni, cheese, basil and pasta in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk garlic salt, oregano, tomato paste, vinegar, and olive oil. Continue to whisk until dressing is well combined. Pour over pasta salad. Add some pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Other sides you might like:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!