Roasted Garlic Cajun Chicken Pasta – Creole seasoned chicken breasts over bow tie pasta tossed with a delicious roasted garlic cream sauce.
I’m all about a good pasta recipe! This Roasted Garlic Cajun Chicken Pasta has my name all over it! There is just something about a creamy pasta that is so comforting. This would be a great dish to make for company too!
What do you need for this Roasted Garlic Cajun Chicken Pasta?
- chicken breasts (buy them thin if you don’t want to worry about pounding them thinner)
- olive oil
- creole seasoning
- onions, bell peppers, celery (or buy frozen Seasoning Blend that has everything chopped for you)
- canned sliced mushrooms
- half and half
- bow tie pasta
- diced tomatoes
- green onions
Is roasting garlic complicated?
- Not at all!! Just follow these steps:
- Cut top of head of garlic off and discard.
- Place the garlic onto a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil (about 1 to 2 tbsp)
- Pull up sides of foil around garlic and seal. Place on a pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes at 350.
- Let it cool and squeeze garlic out! Perfection!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Roasted Garlic Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless chicken breasts *
- 3 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 12 oz bowtie pasta
- 2 cups half and half
- Optional toppings: diced tomato, sliced green onions
1. Cut top end of garlic off and discard. Do not peel garlic. Place it on a large sheet of foil ( about 12 x 12 in). Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over garlic and wrap foil around it pulling sides up so that oil does not leak out. Place on a pan and roast at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and squeeze out garlic and reserve for pasta.
2. Place chicken breasts on counter between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound out each breast until thin. *See note below. Cut each piece in half for a total of 6 pieces of chicken. Season with 1 tsp of creole seasoning.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken 5 minutes per side and remove to a plate.
4. Bring water to a boil for the pasta.
5. In the same skillet, add onions, bell pepper, and celery. Saute for about 5 minutes and add chopped bacon. Saute about 10 more minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning while veggies and bacon saute.
6. While veggies and bacon saute, cook pasta according to package directions.
7. Add mushrooms and roasted garlic and stir. Add in flour and stir until combined.
8. Add half and half. Stir and let thicken over medium-low heat.
9. Add in cooked pasta an stir to combine. Top with chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, and green onions. Can top with optional parmesan as well.
Buy thin sliced chicken breasts if you don't want to pound the chicken into thinner pieces.
Use Seasoning Blend (frozen mixture of diced onions, peppers, and celery) to cut down on chopping time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT