Cajun 7 Layer Dip – Layers of refried beans, black-eyed peas, guacamole, cajun sour cream, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning topped with red bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and shredded cheese.
I love a good dip recipe. It’s always my favorite food at any gathering. Plus, dips are perfect for this time of year. And I know you all love any recipe that can be made ahead of time too! This Cajun 7 Layer Dip is going to be one to add to your recipe box!
This Cajun 7 Layer Dip is a little twist on a traditional 7 layer dip. It’s filled with a little Cajun spice using Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning. It gives the dip a nice little Cajun kick. It still has the traditional refried bean, guacamole, and sour cream layers, but it also has a layer of black-eyed peas and some diced red bell pepper!
It’s a great recipe to make ahead the night or morning before your gathering. Pair it with some corn or tortilla chips and you are good to go! We even use leftover dip as a topping on nachos the next day!
What ingredients do you need to make this dip?
- canned refried beans
- canned black eyed peas
- Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- small red bell pepper
- green onions
- roma tomato
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- 15 oz. can refried beans
- 15 oz. can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz guacamole
- 3/4 tsp Tony Chachere's Bold Creole Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- corn chips or tortilla chips, for serving
- In a shallow dish, layer refried beans, black-eyed peas, and then guacamole.
- Sprinkle guacamole with about 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's Bold Creole Seasoning.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream with 1/2 tsp Tony Chachere's Bold Creole Seasoning and 1/2 tsp cumin. Spread on top of guacamole.
- Top with shredded cheese, diced red bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and green onions.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
Other recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!