One Pot Cajun Pastalaya – A Jambalaya Pasta – This traditional cajun dish is reinvented in yummy pasta form! It’s an easy one pot meal with few ingredients you have to try soon!
We love our jambalaya down here in Louisiana, as we do so many of our rice dishes. But every now and then, we like to change things up! This One-Pot Cajun Pastalaya has all of our Cajun flavors, but with pasta!
One of the best things about Cajun recipes is how truly simple they are with only a few ingredients. This is why I know you will love this recipe. You don’t need much to make it, and it’s only one-pot to clean! Winning!
What do you need to make this One-Pot Cajun Pastalaya?
- chicken breasts
- smoked sausage
- seasoning blend (A great shortcut! frozen diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
- chicken broth
- fettuccine pasta
- heavy cream
- creole seasoning
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1.5 pounds smoked pork sausage
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 cups seasoning blend*
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley for topping
- Slice sausage. Brown in a large dutch oven pot. Remove from pan. Repeat with any remaining sausage.
- While sausage browns, chop chicken into 1 inch pieces and season with 1 tsp creole seasoning.
- After removing sausage, brown chicken for about 8 minutes stirring to brown all sides. Add seasoning blend and season with 1/2 tsp creole. Continue browning with chicken for about 10 more minutes. Once chicken is browned, add sausage back to pot.
- Add chicken broth and water and season with 1 tsp creole seasoning. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add fettuccine. Spread fettuccine across and over meat making sure it is covered with liquid. Continue boiling uncovered, stirring as pasta cooks for about 15 minutes. Liquid will reduce as pasta cooks.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir. Cook another 5 minutes. Taste and season if necessary.
*Seasoning Blend is a great shortcut. It's chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and parsley and found in the frozen foods.
Don't have seasoning blend where you live? Just chop 1 onion, 1 green bell pepper, and 2 stalks celery.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Easy Cajun Recipes:
- One-Pot Sausage and Red Rice
- One-Pot Cajun Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- Easy One-Pot Recipes
- Cajun Boiled Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes
- Roasted Creole Potatoes
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!