Every time September rolls around I get so excited to make all the pumpkin things! I definitely have my favorite pumpkin recipes on here, but these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars rank right at the top of my pumpkin recipe list!
They are super easy, and a pumpkin and chocolate combination is just so darn good! I’ve made them over on Instagram here.
These are the perfect fall cookie bars! Technically, they are a little more cake-like in texture. The recipe makes a 13 x 9 pan sized recipe. With this size, I thought I’d have a lot left to freeze after sharing with others, but it actually got gobbled up very quickly! Everyone loved them including my 14 month old! It’s official! He’s a pumpkin-lover like his momma! So I guess I’ll be baking another batch for Thanksgiving too.
These would be perfect to deliver to friends or teachers this Fall as well!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch over the sides for easy removal. Spray foil with cooking oil spray.
- Beat butter with both sugars on medium-high speed until well combined and fluffy.
- Add eggs, canned pumpkin, and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon and beat again until combined.
- Add salt and flour and turn mixer on low to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips .
- Spread batter into foil-lined pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or just until center is set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Be sure to check out all the other fabulous Fall treats from friends!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip– The Cookie Rookie
Butternut Squash, Pear and Ricotta Bruschetta– Floating Kitchen
No Churn Pumpkin Caramel Ice Cream– Pumpkin n’ Spice
Pumpkin Pie Fluff Dip – A Latte Food
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins -Dinner at the Zoo
Pumpkin Polenta Cups– Cooking and Beer
Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast– Whole and Heavenly Oven
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast– The Weary Chef
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich– The Gunny Sack
Caramel Apple Mini Pie Cups– The Creative Bite
Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Cake– Joyful Healthy Eats
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Deliciously Sprinkled
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting– Chez Catey Lou
Apple Cheesecake French Toast with Cider Maple Syrup– Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
Pear Pie with Pecan Streusel– The First Year
Apple Pie Rolls– Amy’s Healthy Baking
No Bake Apple Pie Bites– The Recipe Runner
Pumpkin Pie Mousse– Petite Allergy Treats
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars– Diary of a Recipe Collector
Cranberry Apple Cider Punch– Diethood
Looking for more Fall recipes to share with friends?
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!