Patriotic Dirt Pudding – An easy and absolutely delicious dessert perfect all summer long. It’s layers of cream cheese and vanilla pudding with Golden Oreos, strawberries, and blueberries!
Everyone in my family loves a good dirt pudding recipe!! It’s by far their most favorite dessert of anything I make. So it was not a surprise that this Patriotic Dirt Pudding became a big hit! I mean just give me a darn spoon because I absolutely loved this one too!!
And really is any dessert more beautiful than one with strawberries and blueberries? They always make great show-stoppers! So let’s see what you need to make this beautiful dessert this summer!
What do you need to make this Patriotic Dirt Pudding?
- cream cheese
- instant vanilla pudding
- Cool Whip
- powdered sugar
- Golden Oreos
Can you make this dessert with regular Oreos?
Yes, this would be fine to make with regular chocolate Oreos.
How to get those perfectly hulled strawberries?
I found this little tool and I LOVED it!Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 14 oz package of Golden Oreos
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz. strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 oz. blueberries
- Crush Oreos in a food processor. (This can also be done by putting them in a plastic storage bag and crushing them with a rolling pin).
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mixes and milk for about 30 seconds. Set aside to thicken while you make the cream cheese mixture.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add and beat in powdered sugar.
- By this point, pudding should be thickened. Whisk it a little more to combine thoroughly. Whisk in cool whip into pudding.
- Pour pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Begin layering in large trifle. Start with layering a third of the crushed oreos, a layer of a third of the pudding, layer sliced strawberries along the side, another third of oreos, and another third of pudding, layer blueberries along the side. and the final third of pudding, and the final third of oreos. Top with strawberries and blueberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Summer Desserts You Might Like:
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake Trifles
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mocha Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Cake