One Pot Blackened Shrimp and Sausage Pasta – Sauteed sausage and blackened shrimp with a creamy Cajun flavored Alfredo sauce.
I know how much you guys are a fan of one-pot meals! I love them too! That’s why I have so many on my site. So I know you guys are going to love this One Pot Blackened Shrimp and Sausage too! It’s got such great flavor guys! It’s a little like this other favorite!
What do you need to make this One Pot Blackened Shrimp and Sausage Recipe?
- smoked pork sausage
- peeled shrimp, medium count
- yellow onion
- blackening seasoning
- chicken broth
- fettuccine pasta
- heavy cream
- fresh parsley
- FULL RECIPE IS BELOW.
How easy is this recipe to make?
- This recipe is really easy especially since it is a one-pot meal!
- Just brown your sausage and onion in a non-stick skillet followed by your seasoned shrimp.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook pasta.
- Finish it off with heavy cream.
- FULL RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Tips for this recipe:
- Use your favorite smoked sausage. We use a local brand.
- Remove tails from shrimp or leave them on for a prettier presentation.
- Use really any pasta you like. My kids like fettuccine, but you could use bow-tie or penne pasta for this recipe as well.
- I like to use a non-stick skillet since I’m cooking pasta in this recipe. I have this one here and it is a favorite.
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 lb. shrimp, medium count
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp blackening seasoning, divided
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Slice sausage and brown in a large saute pan over medium high heat until mostly browned for about 4 minutes. Add chopped onion and continue cooking over medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Remove sausage and onion from pan.
- Season shrimp with 1 1/2 tsp blackening seasoning. Add to pan after removing sausage. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Add sausage and onion back to pan.
- Add in chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add fettuccine pasta (uncooked). Spread out pasta into liquid and continue to boil and stir occasionally until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with remaining blackening seasoning. Allow to simmer over medium for about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other One Pot Recipes You May Like:
- One Pot Cajun Pastalaya – A Jambalaya Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pizza Pasta
- One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
- One-Pot Cabbage Casserole
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE. You can find ALL RECIPES HERE. For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER. Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!