Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe – A quick and easy to prepare cobbler with a light sweetened buttery cake topping!
This dessert reminds me of my childhood for sure. I remember this one more than any other dessert. I even remember the baking dish my mom always made this in, and I bet she still has it 🙂 It’s not surprising that this Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler was one of the first desserts I started making once I lived on my own.
We always had this with Cool Whip when I was a child. When I met my husband, he opened up the world of “a la mode” to me. We started topping it with vanilla ice cream, and I haven’t looked back! Speaking of vanilla ice cream, did you see this recipe the other day?
You can make this dessert in less than 10 minutes too. I use canned peaches that are already sugared up because y’all know I’m all about easy in life. Yes, you can totally sweeten up fresh peaches, and I’ll include that in the recipe below.
Can I use fresh peaches in this dessert?
- Yes! Mix 3 cups of fresh sliced peaches with a 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup water. Allow them to sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- This is a basic cobbler recipe, and you can use it with other fruits too!
- Want a homemade ice cream to serve with this? This is our favorite recipe!
- Want a slow cooker cobbler dessert? This one is so good!
- 2 15 oz. cans of peaches in heavy syrup (drained)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in baking dish and place in oven to melt. Meanwhile prepare the batter. Remove from oven once melted.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg and milk.
- Pour batter into melted butter. Do not stir. Pour peaches on top of batter. Do not stir. As it bakes, the fruit will sink to the bottom.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with foil carefully because the dish will be hot and then bake for 20 to 25 more minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or cool whip.
This is a basic cobbler recipe, and you can use it with other fruits too!
Have fresh peaches? Mix 3 cups of fresh sliced peaches with a 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup water. Allow them to sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Other desserts you may like:
- Easy Peach Pecan Skillet Cake
- Peach Pie Filling Fruit Salad
- Slow Cooker Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
You can find more DESSERTS RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!