Mexican Noodle Bake – An easy layered casserole filled with seasoned ground beef, a Mexican flavored sauce, cheesy noodles, and topped with shredded cheese. You will not be slaving away on this delicious meal, I promise!
I’m all about an easy make-ahead casserole! Growing up lasagna was always my favorite, but it takes a while to make with all those layers. This Mexican Noodle Bake has some really easy layers that help you get it in the oven and off to do what you need to do in a shorter amount of time!
This recipe would make a great freeze-ahead option for those busy weeknights too! Just serve it up with a salad and some bread, and you’ve got yourself a good dinner.
How to Make Mexican Noodle Bake:
- Brown ground beef and add seasonings and tomato sauce. Let it simmer.
- Boil and drain noodles.
- Mix hot noodles with cottage cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, and cilantro.
- In a casserole dish, layer noddle mixture, meat mixture, shredded cheese, and repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. So easy!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Mexican Noodle Bake
- 1.25 lbs of ground beef (85/15)
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 4 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 - 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a saute pan over medium high heat. Season with creole seasoning while it browns.
- Begin boiling water for noodles in a large pot.
- Once beef is browned, add tomato sauce.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer while noodles finish boiling.
- To a large bowl, add cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded cheese, and green onions and optional cilantro. Once noodles are finished, drain them and add them to this bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- In a 13 x 9 casserole dish or pan, spread half of the noodle mixture. Add half of the meat mixture and spread it out over the noodles. Top with a little more shredded cheese. Repeat this one more time with the other half of the noodles and meat sauce and the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven and top with more green onions and cilantro, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Baking Dish Ceramic Casserole Dish Bakeware Set Nonstick Lasagna Pan 2pcs Grey Baking Dishes for kitchen
Circulon Radiance Deep Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Hard Anodized Skillet with Lid - 12 Inch, Gray
Melamine Mixing Bowls with Lids - 6 Piece Melamine Bowls and 6 Piece Plastic Lids, Multicolor
Wilton 13 x 9 Pan
Pyrex 13 x 9 Baking Dish
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Creamy Beef Noodles
- Easy One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Southwestern Chicken Pasta Bake
- One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Popper and Bacon Pasta
- Basil Pesto Chicken Alfredo
- Taco Spaghetti Bake
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Bradley Shaw says
Have you ever used taco seasoning to season the ground meat?
Hi Bradley, I have not used it for this recipe.
Cory Ann Jones says
Can the cottage cheese be replaced with something else? If so do you have a few suggestions?
Hi Cory! I have not tried to replace it. Usually in Italian recipes, they put ricotta in the place of cottage cheese if you prefer that. Some people also blend cottage cheese for a smoother texture.