One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Popper and Bacon Pasta – An easy 30 minute dinner recipe filled with cheesy bacon goodness!
One-pot recipes are kind of my jam folks! Most of them are easy and involve rice because I’m a Lousiana gal, but this One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Popper and Bacon Pasta is even easier than rice! So when you are craving all things pasta, this easy recipe is perfect!
Plus any meal that involves cheese and noodles and BACON is a winner according to my kids.
How to make One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Popper and Bacon Pasta
- Brown onions and bacon and chicken.
- Stir in flour.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil and then add pasta.
- After pasta cooks, add in half and half, salt and cheese.
- Top with some more cheese and place under broiler for a few minutes. Serve warm!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups small shells pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Optional topping: Chopped cilantro
- In a large oven-safe pot, brown bacon and onions for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp creole seasoning.
- Add chicken seasoned with the remaining 1 tsp of creole seasoning. Brown with bacon and onions for about 10 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp flour and stir to combine for about a minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring liquid to a boil.
- Add shells and stir. Boil uncovered for about 10 minutes or until noodles are cooked stirring occasionally. Once cooked, add half and half and salt. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese to melt.
- Top with remaining cheese and broil for about 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!