Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake – Super easy recipe perfect for those lemon blueberry fans. This cake is moist and great for breakfast or dessert!
I have happily made and tested this Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake recipe a few times lately to get it just right! I’m so happy with how it came out, and I can see myself making it all the time because it’s so easy all in one bowl and one skillet!
Lemon zest and lemon juice give it that light citrus flavor. And I make it with melted butter and Greek yogurt which makes it wonderfully tender and moist. It’s not a huge recipe so it’s perfect when you’re craving a little something sweet.
And I promise, even those non blueberry fans in my house, liked it too!! I make it in my 10 inch cast iron skillet which is one of my favorite kitchen items I have. While its baking, I make an easy lemon glaze with just some powdered sugar and lemon juice. Then I pour it all over the warm cake and try to restrain myself while it cools a little!
What ingredients are needed to make this Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake?
- All purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- zest of 2 lemons
- fresh lemon juice
- melted butter
- 1 egg
- vanilla greek yogurt
- For the Glaze: powdered sugar and more fresh lemon juice
About how many lemons do I need to use for the fresh lemon juice?
- I recommend having 3 lemons on hand. I can make this recipe including the glaze with only 2 lemons, but I would have 1 extra just in case one lemon isn’t very juicy!
Do I need a cast-iron skillet to make this recipe?
- I could go on and on about my love for my cast iron skillet. I love making desserts like this one and this one. I even love making pizza and skillet nachos in it too. Buuuut, if you don’t have one, you can make this recipe in a round cake pan or a 9 x 9 glass baking dish. Baking time may need to be adjusted slightly, so you would need to make sure you set timers and watch it!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake
Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake - Super easy recipe perfect for those lemon blueberry fans. This cake is moist and great for breakfast or dessert!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, 2 tbsp lemon juice, vanilla greek yogurt, and milk.
- Stir in 1 cup blueberries.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking oil spray. Pour in batter and spread to sides of pan. Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350 and bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is mostly set.
- While cake is baking, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice. Pour over warm cake. Let cake cool slightly before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
Other Skillet Recipes You Might Like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
HI, I haven’t made this yet because I would like to know if the baking temp would be lower if you used a cake pan or glass dish.
I have everything to make this today.
Hi Susie. I would lower the oven temp by 25 degrees using glass. Enjoy!