Easy Tomato Basil Chicken Soup – An easy 30 minute comforting soup recipe full of creamy tomato basil flavor and low in calories.
Y’all know I love a good cozy soup recipe! Especially an EASY one that is just as good on a weeknight as it is on a relaxing Sunday. This Tomato Basil Chicken Soup will go perfectly with a cozy night of relaxation.
I absolutely adore tomato basil soup! I have this creamy soup recipe and then this shrimp pasta too. So why not have a cozy one with chicken like this! It is even perfect for make-ahead lunches for your work week!
Ingredients needed for Tomato Basil Chicken Soup:
- olive oil
- small yellow onion
- small green bell pepper
- crushed garlic
- creole seasoning
- crushed tomatoes
- petite diced tomatoes with onions and garlic
- chicken broth
- chopped fresh basil or basil paste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ditalini pasta or another small pasta
- half and half
- shredded parmesan for topping
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Easy Tomato Basil Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 - 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes with onions and garlic
- 1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp basil paste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in pieces and seasoned with 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup half and half
- shredded parmesan for topping
- Add olive oil to a medium soup pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and creole seasoning and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and continue to saute veggies for about 5 more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and chicken both. Stir to combine.
- Add basil and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add seasoned chicken and ditalini and stir. Let simmer over medium-high heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half and half and let simmer 2 or 3 more minutes before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with shredded parmesan on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 942mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other recipes you might like:
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup
- White Bean Chicken Soup
- Mexican Chicken, Black Bean, & Sweet Potato Soup
- Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Making tanks tonight! Can’t wait to try it! ? Just made your steak, mushroom and kale recipe last nfjr and it was so good!!!!