Today I have a sweet little treat for you all to celebrate one of my favorite bloggers, Ashton from Something Swanky! She will soon be welcoming a baby boy, and many of her bloggy friends have gotten together to celebrate and bring you some sweet treats!
Ashton has one of the greatest blogs I know filled with TONS of great sweet treats. Just her chocolate chip cookie experiment alone is enough for me! So in honor of her, I made these sweet little chocolate cups that start out so easy because they use cake mix.
This is definitely one of those sweets where it is hard to eat just one! There is just something about a mini dessert. You don’t feel as guilty, right? They are perfect for parties and showers.
As far as the icing, I knew I wanted a really thick cream cheese glaze to cover them. I just love how they came out. They are best made ahead to allow time for the cream cheese to harden a bit, but it would be a lie if I told you I didn’t eat a few of them while they were warm! Like I sad before, mini+dessert=weakness!
Be sure to check out these other desserts in our virtual baby shower honoring Ashton!! This group of bloggers is so creative, so I can’t wait to hop on over to see what they have made as well!
Krispy Kreme Pie by Wine and Glue
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes by Call Me PMC
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Bundt Cake by Layers of Happiness
Double Chocolate Cups by Diary of a Recipe Collector
Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cobbler by Taste and Tell
Paleo Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes by Food Faith Fitness
Blueberry Coconut Protein Pops by Capturing Joy
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip by Crazy for Crust
Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll by Yummy Healthy Easy
Blueberry Granola Gratin by Buns in My Oven
Strawberry & Cream Profiteroles by Lemons for Lulu
Dirt Cake by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Trifles by Life, Love, and Sugar
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes by Inside BruCrew Life
Butterfinger Cupcakes by Six Sisters’ Stuff
Brookie Bars by It Bakes Me Happy
Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Beyond Frosting
Blueberry Pie Cheeseball by Mom On Timeout
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse by Heather’s French Press
Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies with a Lemon Glaze by The Recipe Critic
Lemon Berry Pastries by I Wash You Dry
Lemon Berry Fruit Kabobs by Crumbs and Chaos
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 3.5 oz box chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a dark or non stick muffin tin PREHEAT to 325!)
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Spray mini muffin tins. (I use two 24 count mini muffin tins. If you only have one, just allow your pan to cool before baking a second batch).
- Drop very small teaspoons of batter into each tin. Do not overfill.
- Top each with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. I rotate my pan halfway through baking to allow for a more even baking. They will be slightly puffy but deflate a little once cooled.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- For glaze, beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle onto cooled chocolate cups. (I filled a small storage bag with icing with the end snipped off to drizzle the glaze).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other desserts you may like:
Connect with Jaren:
Want some amazing FREE coupons? Hundreds more can be found here: https://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/coupon-gallery