Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake – Layers of cheesy penne noodles topped with layers of a creamy flavorful sauce filled with chopped rotisserie chicken.
Nothing says comfort food like a plate of cheesy pasta, salad, and bread! That’s what I have for you today folks! This Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake has all the makings of an easy dinner. It uses a rotisserie chicken, and we all know we love these!
Using a rotisserie chicken in this recipe is not mandatory, but man does it ever make your life easier. Plus, they are packed with so much flavor already and so very affordable and convenient!
Just how easy is this Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake?
- All you do is boil your pasta and make your sauce with most ingredients you probably already have.
- Mix your warm pasta with the cheeses, parsley, and salt.
- Layer it up, top with cheese, and bake!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 16 oz penne noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 4 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp basil paste*
- 2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken
- 1/3 cup milk
- 12 oz. small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded colby jack, divided
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onions and bell peppers. Saute until onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes. Season with creole seasoning.
- Add diced chicken and basil paste. Stir to combine.
- Add cream of chicken and milk and stir. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cooked penne pasta, cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack, parsley, and salt.
- In a large casserole dish, layer half of the pasta mixture followed by half of the chicken mixture. Repeat and then top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degreese covered for 30 minutes and then uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Circulon Radiance Deep Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Hard Anodized Skillet with Lid - 12 Inch, Gray
Melamine Mixing Bowls with Lids - 6 Piece Melamine Bowls and 6 Piece Plastic Lids, Multicolor
Pyrex 13 x 9 Baking Dish
Pyrex Deep Baking Dish Set (6-piece, BPA-free Lids)
Baking Dish Ceramic Casserole Dish Bakeware Set Nonstick Lasagna Pan 2pcs Grey Baking Dishes for kitchen
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other recipes you might like:
- Quick Creamy Chicken Skillet Burritos
- Make-Ahead Chicken Enchilada Stack
- Roasted Garlic Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mexican Noodle Bake
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Joan Eddy says
Made this last night for dinner. It was delicious!! Substituted the milk for heavy cream, since I needed to use it up. And, I had a zucchini that I very finely shredded and put in with the creole seasoning (after the onions and bell peppers were wilted). I stirred it in well before adding the chicken. Good way to hide the veggies. Haha! Had the kids and my sisters over. Everyone loved it! This recipe is a keeper!!!
Thanks for sharing
Yay!!! So glad you liked it, and adding zucchini sounds so good!!