One of our most favorite appetizers to get is the Aussie Cheese Fries at Outback Steakhouse. They are so good! I wanted to recreate them at home in the place of our usual baked potatoes with steaks. I was so proud! They were just as good! We couldn’t stop snacking before our steaks were ready!
The key was using these new fries: Ore Ida “Simply” Olive Oil-Sea Salt Country Style Fries
Side Note: I often get comments on the name of these fries. This dish is not an Australian dish, but a popular dish in an Australian-themed restaurant in the USA. The name is just meant for fun, so who am I to change that! Because these are fun and YUMMY!
- ¾ bag of Ore Ida Simply Country Style Fries
- ¾ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (shred it yourself for a creamer cheese)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup to 1 cup good-quality Ranch dressing (We used Marie's found in the refrigerated produce section)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425.
- Spread fries onto baking sheet. Bake according to package directions.
- Cook bacon until crispy in skillet, drain on paper towel, and chop.
- When fries are crispy, remove from oven, season with salt and pepper. Pile fries into the center of the pan. Top with shredded cheese and bacon.
- Put back in oven for another 3-5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove and top with green onions. Serve with ranch on the side. SO GOOD!!!!
Other “fries” you might like:
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!