Seasoned chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and provolone all rolled up and grilled to perfection!
Plus a chance to win one of two $500 Amazon Gift Cards!!
Hello friends! I have a special treat for you today! Not only do I want to share this easy and healthy grilling recipe with you, but I want one of my readers to win a $500 Amazon gift card too! We are celebrating Taylor at Food Faith Fitness and her 2nd year Blogiversary! You must check out her blog! She has very healthy recipes, including desserts! If you ever need some light and healthy inspiration, you must see the dishes she makes!
So I thought today was the perfect day to share my Spinach and Provolone Chicken Pinwheels. They are a great grilling supper. We are all about grilling for dinner lately. In fact, we’ve been eating pretty light around here. I’ve really been trying to lose my last few lingering pounds of baby weight. Little man is 10 months old, and I’ve normally lost all my weight by now. But simply cutting down my portion sizes, cutting out all the snacking, and grilling a lot of our food has helped.
Plus I keep a huge container of baby spinach in my fridge at all times lately. I usually have it in some sort of way twice a day whether it be in a salad or stuffed in chicken breasts like this dish. These chicken pinwheels are really easy to make and do not require a lot of ingredients. Now this recipe does have a garlic butter drizzle as the final step. If you are really watching your calories closely, go ahead and skip out on that and they will still be delicious! My main focus lately has been amping up on my protein and veggies lately, so this meal was a result of that.
Check out the recipe and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below too!
- 6 thin cut chicken breasts
- seasoned salt or salt and pepper
- 9 slices provolone, each slice cut in half
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 stick butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Season chicken with seasoned salt or salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken flat. Place 3 half slices of provolone onto chicken. Top with about ¼ cup spinach.
- Roll up chicken while keeping cheese and spinach tucked in and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill over medium low heat for 20 minutes rotating periodically. Check to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- Make garlic butter drizzle by melting butter over medium low heat in a small saucepan. Add shallot and garlic. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add parsley and remove from heat.
- Right before removing chicken from grill, baste with garlic butter.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes once removed from heat. You can drizzle with more butter if you'd like.
This giveaway is brought to you by these great blogs! Be sure to check them out for some other fabulous recipes!
Diary of A Recipe Collector / Spoonful of Flavor / Mariah’s Pleasing Plates / The Recipe Rebel / Bitz & Giggles / Mom Loves Baking / Food Done Light / American Heritage Cooking / Eats Well With Others / The Housewife in Training Files / Tried and Tasty / A Mind “Full” Mom / My Kitchen Craze / Cooking For Keeps / Rachel Cooks / Cupcakes and Kale Chips / Lauren Kelly Nutrition / Healthy Seasonal Recipes / Or Whatever You Do