Cajun Fried Zucchini – This easy recipe uses one bowl to prep a delicious cold water Cajun batter. Serve them warm with your favorite ranch dressing!
We don’t fry a whole lot around here, but when we do we make it worth our while. And who doesn’t love a fried vegetable? Am I right? This Cajun Fried Zucchini made the perfect addition to our meal the other night!
Rather than making a traditional egg to flour batter, we used my family’s cold water batter recipe. It is super simple! I love that you mix it up all in one bowl and dip the zucchini in there. It makes the clean up a breeze!
This batter also works well for frying shrimp too! It’s definitely my favorite way to prepare them!
What do you need to make this Cajun Fried Zucchini?
- all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- water with ice
- vegetable oil
- creole seasoning
- ranch dressing for dipping
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 2 zucchini, sliced into spears
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water with ice*
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- Ranch dressing for dipping
- Season zucchini spears with 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, egg, oil, 1 tsp creole seasoning, and water (discard ice).
- Stir in zucchini spears.
- Add oil to fry daddy or skillet. If using skillet, you need enough oil to go about 1 1/2 to 2 in. up the side. Heat oil.
- Fry zucchini spears until golden brown. Serve warm with ranch dressing.
*For the ice water, fill measuring cup with 1 cup of water and then add the ice to chill the water. Do not put the ice into the batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might like:
- Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini Oven Fries
- Zucchini Meatballs and Tomato Gravy
- Corn and Zucchini Casserole
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!