Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti Squash – A great low-carb chicken dinner recipe made super easy with the help of an Instant Pot and served over spaghetti squash. Plus, it’s only 2 weight watchers freestyle points!!
Well folks, I’ve discovered spaghetti squash. I know I’m late to the party, but I love it and there’s no turning back! And when you top it like this Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti and some cheese, you feel like your totally indulging!
I find using the Instant Pot to be so healthy too. I just throw all the ingredients in there and set it and go about doing other things. I’ll definitely be making this again now that school time is here.
For my kiddos, I serve this over regular spaghetti. I love meals that are easy to please everyone. Sometimes that’s hard with six people, folks.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash:
- I use a large spaghetti squash, which makes about 4 servings. I serve the rest of the chicken spaghetti squash over other pasta for my kids who do not care for squash.
- If you use a smaller squash cut back cooking time to 30 to 35 minutes.
- I use a basil paste which I always have in the fridge. It’s just so easy and full of flavor!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil paste*
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup shredded mozarella
- ¼ cup shaved/shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Brush inside with olive oil and season with about ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Roast oiled side down on a foil-lined pan for 45 minutes.
- To an Instant Pot, add chicken, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, creole seasoning, oregano, basil paste, crushed red pepper flakes, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Cover with lid and turn to lock it. Set valve to sealing and cook on Manual for 15 minutes. Allow 5 minutes to naturally release steam once it's finished cooking. Quick release the rest. Remove lid and take out bayleaf and discard. Take out chicken and shred it. Return back to pot and stir to combine.
- Once squash is removed from oven, use a fork to shred the inside. Top each side of spaghetti squash with chicken spaghetti. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Place under broiler for 3 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble and turn golden brown. Remove from oven and top with parsley.
- Each half of spaghetti squash can serve two people.
- You can also serve chicken spaghetti sauce over any other type of cooked pasta.
Other great recipes you might like:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!