Santa Fe Chicken Enchilada Stack – Creamy chicken enchiladas with black beans made easy!
I’m super excited to bring y’all this recipe today! This Santa Fe Chicken Enchilada Stack is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe. And I totally cheat with this one sometimes by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken! It’s not required, but perfect for busy school nights.
I love that you just stack everything instead of rolling. This makes it quick to prepare! And since the chicken is cooked already, you don’t spend a lot of time making the filling.
Tips for making this Santa Fe Chicken Enchilada Stack:
- Use leftover cooked shredded chicken. You can use a rotisserie chicken or cook your chicken in an Instant Pot or a slow cooker for easy preparation.
- Not a fan of beans? Leave ’em out! But I’m totally a fan!
- Use a can of Rotel instead of salsa, if needed. Drain off the juice first.
- Use whole wheat tortillas and low-fat cream cheese to make the recipe a little healthier.
- Feeding more than 4 adults? Double the recipe! This one makes a small stack in an 8 x 8 casserole dish.
Great recipes to serve with this one:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup salsa*
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 whole wheat soft taco tortillas
- 8 oz Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat cream cheese and half and half in a large sauce pan over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add chicken and let cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro and stir.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray. Lay 1 tortilla in bottom of dish. Spread 1/3 of chicken mixture and top with a little shredded cheese. Layer another tortilla, another 1/3 of chicken mixture, and some more shredded cheese. Repeat one more time with tortilla, chicken mixture, and cheese. Finally top with one more tortilla and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
*Rotisserie chicken would work great.
* You can use a can of Rotel, just drain the water a little.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Recipes to Try:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!