Hot-Pressed Santa Fe Wraps – Hot and melty wraps filled with chicken, pepperjack, sauteed onions, tomatoes, and a mexi-ranch sauce…
Is there a Roly Poly where you live? I love their wraps! By far, my favorite is their Santa Fe wrap. Well, I figured out my own Copy Cat version right here! Yes! I love it when I can make my favorites at home. I make extra at night and just heat one up for lunch the next day too!
These will be on my menu over the next few weeks since we will have a newborn in the house ANY DAY NOW! My doctor keeps telling me it’s just about time. I’m pretty miserable and looking forward to being able to move around a little easier in the next few weeks. I’ll be sure to post pics too!
Hot-Pressed Santa Fe Wraps
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for grilling wrap
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing (I use Marie's found in the produce section)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- 2 packages of pre-cooked refrigerated sliced grilled chicken (I find mine in the poultry section)
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add sliced onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Make mexi-ranch: Mix ranch dressing, chili powder, and cumin. Set aside.
- Assemble the wrap: Place two slices of pepperjack on tortilla. Top with sliced chicken. Top with onions and sliced tomatoes. Drizzle mexi -ranch over everything. Fold up both ends and roll up tight.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Brush sealed wrap with a little olive oil on both sides. Place seam side down in skillet. Press down with another pan and heat until golden brown. Flip and press down grilling until golden brown again.
- Repeat with remaining wraps.
*You can also use fresh grilled chicken or buy it pre-cooked in the frozen foods section to save time too.
Other wraps you might like:
kristy @ the wicked noodle says
What a delicious-looking sandwich! I want this for lunch today 🙂
[email protected] Well Floured Kitchen says
I’ve never heard of Roly-Poly, but this sandwich looks and sounds amazing!
Christie - Food Done Light says
I’ve never been to a Roly Poly but I love the idea of this wrap. This is the perfect lunch.
OMGosh these look so good Jaren!! I would have to change a few things to get hubby to eat them, but I would keep mine with the ingredients you have listed. lol I love pepper jack cheese! I can imagine you are miserable. I hope the next time we hear from you, you will have baby pictures!! Good luck my friend!!! Hugs, Brenda
Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch says
Jaren, These look delicious. What a great idea. Thanks for linking up to Best of the Weekend!!
Thanks Nichi! Love the link ups!
I tested this recipe out and featured you on my blog this week– thank you for your wonderful recipe!
Thanks for trying my recipe! So glad you like the wraps! I love them too.