Pumpkin Praline Trifle – This is the ultimate fall dessert recipe with layers of easy pumpkin cake, cream cheese pudding, caramel, and praline pecans. It’s delicious made ahead and great for the busy holiday dinners!
This Pumpkin Praline Trifle has been waiting to make it’s appearance on this blog for the last few years. It’s a dessert I’ve made for the past two Thanksgiving dinners, but I never got around to posting it before the holiday.
But you can be assured that if I made it two years in a row, it was a crowd-pleaser.
Dessert is probably the best part of Thanksgiving in my opinion. My sister and I each make one or two of them. We have rules too. There must always be something pumpkin and at least one chocolate dessert. Then you need at least one pie. That way your dessert plate can have a little sample of everything 🙂
This Praline Pumpkin Trifle is great to make the day or night before your Thanksgiving dinner plans too. Since it involves layers and some cooling time, you need to carve out some time in your day to get the individual components done and then later, you can layer it up and stick it in the fridge! Dessert done!
This dessert is decadent, divine, and just screams Thanksgiving. So if you are looking for a new pumpkin dessert to try, this Pumpkin Praline Trifle is the one to try!
Pumpkin Cake Layer:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
Cream Cheese Pudding Layer:
- 2 3.5 oz instant vanilla puddings
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 12 oz cool whip, divided
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup jarred caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon on low speed until mixed and then increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into 13 x 9 pan and bake for 25 minutes or until center is set and toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to completely cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine pecans, brown sugar, and heavy cream. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Spread pecans onto pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until coating is dry. Remove from oven to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mixes with milk until combined. Let set for 5 minutes to thicken. Whisk again to combine. Add 1 cup whipped topping to pudding and stir.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar for about 2 minutes. Add to pudding mixture and beat to combine.
- Cut cooled cake into small squares. Layer some squares into the bottom of a large trifle dish or punch bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the cream cheese pudding mixture over the cake squares.
- Top with drizzled caramel sauce and some praline pecans.
- Repeat cake square layer, pudding layer, caramel, and pralines.
- Add last layer of cake squares, caramel, pralines.
- Top with remainder of cool whip, drizzled caramel and remaining pralines.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other desserts you may love to try:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!