Orange French Toast – A little hint of orange in this french toast gives this recipe a little something extra!
This Orange French Toast has been something I wanted to try for a loooong time. As a child, I loved french toast…still do. I remember my mom putting a little orange juice in it, and we loved it. So I decided to give it a try on my kids!
I’m happy to say it received great reviews! My childhood tastes did not fail me. They told me I could make it anytime 🙂
Now, when I was younger, my mom just used regular old sandwich bread, and you totally can do that too. I just love to use french bread at times when I can’t resist all the yummy breads in the grocery store bakery.
Tips for Making Orange French Toast:
- Soak bread in egg mixture right before your pan is ready. Don’t let it set too long.
- A little zest and a little juice from a simple navel orange gives this french toast an extra little something.
- Don’t have an orange? Use a little splash of bottled orange juice (about 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp).
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- powdered sugar
- Garnish: orange slices, strawberries
- Cut french bread loaf into 1 inch thick slices discarding the ends.
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, mix eggs, milk, zest of the navel orange, juice of 1/2 the navel orange, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add about 1/2 tbsp butter to pan to melt. Dip 1 slice bread into egg mixture and place in buttered pan to cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving with orange slices and strawberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!