Well good (late) morning to y’all! I’m so late getting this out today! I normally wake up really early to get my post done for the day, but that didn’t work out too well today. I have a number of excuses…wanted to sleep longer, kids, kids, chores, & kids. That pretty much sums up my morning.
It’s time for school to start. I’m ready for my routine again. Yes, I’m going to miss my kids and that laid back schedule we are enjoying, but I just think we thrive in that school routine. Now I’ll probably change my tune again once it’s time for homework in the afternoons, but for now, school needs to get back in session. We’ve been out since the end of May and return in mid-August.
We’ve been busy buying school supplies, uniforms, and school shoes. And good golly, that costs an absolute fortune! And right now, I just have two in school…
So I’m starting to think about that back to school routine more and more. One of those things I like to do is have a great breakfast on that first day. I love a good breakfast casserole!! So do my kids! They love anything with breakfast sausage and eggs. So when I made this Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast Casserole, they dove right in!
I love croissants! They just make everything richer! They have that yummy buttery flavor that worked so well in this casserole! I actually got the idea for this it from one of my most favorite blogs ever! I make her version on Christmas morning, and everyone loves it.
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 store bought croissants
- 1½ cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Brown sausage. Drain.
- Cut up croissants into 1 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in milk and cream of mushroom. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- Layer sausage and then croissants. Next pour egg mixture over it. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
Looking for other breakfast ideas?
You can find more breakfast ideas here.