Loaded Blackened Chicken – Seasoned, pan-fried chicken breasts topped with smothered onions, bacon, and pepper jack cheese. You’ll definitely want to make this chicken dinner recipe very soon!
We LOVED this Loaded Blackened Chicken, so I’m super excited to share this recipe with you today! The whole recipe inspiration came from one of my favorite dishes at the restaurant, Walk-Ons.
I get the Black Jack Chicken Sandwich that is basically this chicken recipe sandwiched on a toasted bun. It’s fabulous, but I usually end up eating it without the bread because it falls apart so much.
So, last time we went, I made it my mission to make it at home. I highly recommend a good blackening seasoning. And please don’t feel like you can only use it for this recipe! It’s great on fish too! You should be able to find it in your regular grocery store.
Tips for Making Loaded Blackened Chicken:
- Use an oven-safe skillet for less clean-up.
- Never tried Blackening Seasoning? It’s a great addition to your spice cabinet!
- Roast some veggies like broccoli or asparagus in the oven while you make the chicken for a great side to this recipe!
- Want to really indulge? Turn this into a sandwich! Just slice the chicken once its cooked. Top with bacon, onion, and cheese. Broil buns while you melt the cheese on the sliced chicken and pile it on their once finished.
Loaded Blackened Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts (about 3)
- 1 tsp blackening seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz pepperjack, shredded
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken breasts with blackening seasoning. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain all but about 1 1/2 tbsp of the bacon grease from the skillet making sure you have enough to coat the bottom of the skillet. Reserve the rest.
- Add sliced onion, salt, and pepper. Saute onion over medium heat about 10 minutes or until translucent. Remove to a bowl.
- Add a little more bacon grease or 1 tsp of olive oil to coat the bottom of skillet again. Add seasoned chicken breasts and cook over medium for 8 to 9 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top each chicken breast with onions and bacon. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. (If not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer chicken breasts to a pan before placing under broiler).
- Top with fresh parsley. Serve warm.
*Use an oven-safe skillet for less clean-up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Spinach & Provolone Chicken Pinwheels
Stuffed Cream Cheese Chicken Pinwheels
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Chad Strawinski says
Wow. I’ve made a LOT of chicken in my life, and this was the best chicken I’ve ever made! Cooking the chicken in the bacon grease made it taste like I was eating bacon breasts or something. It was amazing! Thank you for this recipe!
Devenna McGinley says
I made the Loaded Blackened Chicken for dinner tonight for my daughter and myself. It was delicious. We will definitely be making it again. The only change my daughter asked for is to leave the bacon out as neither of us are bacon enthusiasts and she felt it took attention away from the awesome taste of the chicken. I also shredded my pepper-Jack cheese. Overall, we loved it! Thank you for making the recipe available to us.