Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice – An an easy all in one instant pot dinner recipe filled with chicken, rice, beans, spices and cheese.
I love anything with Mexican flavors, and this Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice did not disappoint! It was super easy to whip up. I divided it into servings for lunches for my week. It was also great for a quick dinner idea too!
What ingredients do I need to make this Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice?
- olive oil
- creole seasoning
- boneless chicken breasts
- long grain rice
- chicken broth
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- can chili beans
- shredded cheese
- chopped cilantro
Can I make this on the stove top instead of an instant pot?
You sure can! Once all the ingredients are added, bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover with lid to let rice cook for about 20 minutes. Remove lid and check the rice. If it needs a few more minutes, cover it again and allow it to cook through more. You can also stir in about a 1/4 cup of water to allow it to steam some more once you cover it.
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 /2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Turn instant pot on Saute. Add olive oil and chopped onions and chicken. Season with creole seasoning and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili beans. Stir to combine.
- Put on lid and make sure valve is sealed. Turn off saute and then set to manual pressure cook for 7 minutes. Let it naturally release pressure for 20 minutes before opening lid.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese and cilantro. Serve warm and top with more shredded cheese.
Want to make this stove top instead of instant pot?
Once all the ingredients are added, bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover with lid to let rice cook for about 20 minutes. Remove lid and check the rice. If it needs a few more minutes, cover it again and allow it to cook through more. You can also stir in about a 1/4 cup of water to allow it to steam some more once you cover it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Want some other Instant Pot Recipe Ideas?
- Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot White Beans, Sausage, and Rice (Personal Fav!!!)
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!