Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup – A quick and easy hearty soup recipe filled with ground beef, noodles, veggies, and creamy cheese.
If you’ve followed this recipe blog for any length of time, then you know I’m a fan of my Instant Pot. I pretty much obsess over what I can make next in it! Besides making all my soups like this one and this one, I am on a mission to try more ground beef recipes like this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup.
I was so excited with how it came out! It was creamy and delicious. And the best part is that it is so easy!
What ingredients do you need to make Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup?
- ground beef
- elbow noodles
- Shredded cheddar
- half and half
- heavy cream
- chicken broth
- Spices: Creole Seasoning and Montreal Steak Seasoning
How to Lighten up this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup:
- Feel free to leave out potatoes or noodles. You can also use whole-grain pasta.
- Use a low fat cheese.
- As written, the recipe calls for 2 total cups of a milk based ingredient (heavy cream and half and half). You can sub out 2% milk for some of this.
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1 lb. ground chuck (85/15)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup small elbow noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn on Saute feature on Instant Pot and brown beef and onions. Season with 3/4 tsp creole seasoning and 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning while browning.
- After about 5 minutes, add celery, carrots, and saute a few more minutes. Add cubed potatoes and elbow noodles and remaining 3/4 tsp creole seasoning and stir. Add chicken broth and stir.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set vent to Sealing. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and set for 6 minutes. Once finished, do a quick release. Turn off Instant Pot and then set back on Saute.
- Stir in heavy cream and half and half. Stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar and all of the Velveeta. Continue stirring until cheese is melted. Serve in bowls and top with more shredded cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you may like:
- Instant Pot White Beans, Sausage, and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Soup
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!