Easy Homemade Chicken Taco Taquitos make a fun snack or lunch idea! They are easy to make ahead and freeze! Perfect for busy school days!
I love easy recipes like these Easy Homemade Chicken Taco Taquitos!! And I especially love recipes packed with flavor and only a few ingredients! That’s exactly what busy families need!
What ingredients do you need to make these taquitos?
- Cooked chicken – I use Rotisserie chicken because it has so much flavor and relatively cheap. I usually just use the breasts for this recipe.
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- taco seasoning
- shreded colby jack cheese
- corn tortillas
Tips for making these chicken taquitos:
- To get those tortillas easy to bend and roll without cracking, they need to be warm. I usually run a small stack through the microwave for about 30 seconds before filling and rolling. If they start to crack, heat them up again.
- I brush the finished rolled tortillas with a little vegetable oil. You can also spray them with cooking oil spray.
- I use my food processor to really mix the chicken well, but you can use a hand mixer too.
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add chicken, sour cream, cream cheese, and taco seasoning to a food processor. Blend until combined. You can also use a hand mixer for this.
- Remove from processor and add to a bowl. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Heat 6 corn tortillas on a plate in the microwave. Add about 3 tsp of chicken mixture to a tortilla and roll up. As you finish these 6 tortillas, microwave the rest and finish rolling those. If tortillas start to crack when rolling, heat them a little more in the microwave.
- Place tortillas on sheet pan and spray rolled tortillas with cooking oil spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- Bake tortillas for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE. You can find ALL RECIPES HERE. For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER. Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!