I love a club sandwich. I always order them at restaurants if they are on a croissant. There’s just something about that light, flaky, buttery bread! This one has a roasted red onion mayo which makes it better than any one I’ve had in a restaurant.
I have not been able to get this sandwich out of my head! I made it for lunch one weekend, and then I brought all the fixings to work to make it there too. I just loved it! Who wouldn’t? It has pepper jack cheese, ham, turkey, bacon, and a great roasted red onion mayo all on a toasted croissant.
This sandwich makes the perfect lunch or supper for the summer.
- 8 slices of bacon
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 croissants
- ½ cup mayo
- 8-12 slices of thin ham
- 8-12 siices of thin turkey
- 4 slices of pepper jack
- green leaf lettuce
- 1 sliced tomato
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lay bacon on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place chopped red onion on another sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Put both bacon and onions in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove bacon once it is crispy.
- Split croissants in half and place under broiler for a few minutes. Watch it carefully.
- Mix 3 tbsp onion mixture with ½ cup mayo.
- Spread onion mayo on both sides of toasted croissant.
- Top bottom with 2-3 slices of thin ham, 2-3 slices thin turkey, 1 slice pepper jack, a few slices of bacon. Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Top with green leaf lettuce, a slice of tomato, and top of croissant.
- Grab a napkin and dig in!
Here are some other great sandwiches to try: