Chicken Caprese Paninis – Easy grilled panini made with grilled chicken, roma tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and pizza sauce.
I ADORE paninis! I’m always excited when I find a new one I like. I love making caprese appetizers, but I usually end up eating most of them because my husband likes something with meat on it. So I decided to turn them into a panini using grilled chicken. I was super pleased with the result, and I will be making these again. I even wrapped one up for lunch the next day, and it was still delicious.
Chicken Caprese Paninis
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kraft Sweet Balsamic dressing
- 1 Italian loaf, sliced 1 in. thick
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Chopped basil
- Olive oil
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- Place chicken in a gallon ziploc bag. Pour in dressing, seal, and mix the dressing around the chicken. Marinate chicken breasts for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken until cooked over medium high heat. Thin cut breasts cook very quickly. Remove chicken and let it rest a few minutes before slicing.
- On each side of bread, spread about a tbsp of pizza sauce. Top with chicken, 1 1/2 slices mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil, and other slice of bread.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of panini before placing in a skillet.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and press panini down with another skillet. Flip once it is golden brown. Press down panini once again with other skillet. Remove to a plate once this side is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Also don’t forget about the Kindle Fire Giveaway! Click this post to enter.
Looking for some other grilled sandwich recipes? These are some of our favorites.
Turkey, Ham, Roasted Red Pepper Panini
Fried Egg and Avocado Sandwiches
Bacon Cheddar and Apple Sandwiches
Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!
Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy says
YUM Jaren!!! These look awesome! I love that these don’t use a panini maker! Pinned!
This is a sandwich I can easily devour – I love the flavors of a classic caprese sandwich and pairing it with chicken in a sandwich is a delicious idea!
Nancy [email protected] says
This sounds amazing!
Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled says
Jaren, this looks amazing! I need to make this for dinner ASAP, pinned 🙂
Karen Petersen says
Anything with mozzarella is a winner to me! THese look great 🙂
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I love hot, melty sandwiches, and this one looks so amazing, Jaren!
Cate O'Malley says
Haven’t had a panini in over a year (gave up carbs), but this is a great way to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month!
Carrie @ Kenarry: Ideas for the Home says
This recipe looks great, Jaren! I love tomato and mozzarella. What a great idea to pair them with chicken. I’m pinning this one too.
Cindy Eikenberg says
Jaren, this sandwich sounds so delicious! I love mozzarella on anything and love the idea of making this with chicken. Thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend and will be pinning to our party board! Have a happy Tuesday and a wonderful week!
[email protected] in Pyjamas says
Yum, this looks delicious I love big tasty sandwiches like this. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!