Taco Sloppy Joes – A 20 minute dinner recipe perfect for your next Taco night! Taco Sloppy Joes are a nice change up and full of flavor.
Tacos and Sloppy Joes are just about the number one meals my kids eat really well. When I just need an easy dinner with no drama from anyone, I pick these meals. So why not combine the two? I’m happy to report these Easy Taco Sloppy Joes are kid-approved and dinner drama-free!
We love our sloppy joes around here. Pizza Sloppy Joes are a serious favorite, and so are these good old fashioned Sloppy Joes too! Serve them with some tater tots or a veggie, and we are good to go. Since they only take minutes to make, they are perfect for nights before a ballgame or after a serious homework session.
What ingredients do you need to make Taco Sloppy Joes?
- Ground beef (I used ground round)
- Seasonings: Creole, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt
- tomato sauce
- tomato paste
- sour cream
- hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes
- shredded cheese
Tips for making Taco Sloppy Joes:
- I used ground round for this recipe, but you can go even lighter with ground sirloin.
- What do you do if you don’t have all the seasonings? You can use a taco seasoning packet. Omit the seasonings in the meat mixture. Taste to season with salt or creole seasoning, if you’d like.
- Do you have to to use creole seasoning? Nope, you can just use salt and pepper.
- Do you have to butter and toast the buns? Nope, this just adds another layer of flavor.
- Can you use a different cheese? Absolutely! I think PepperJack would be amazing too.
Taco Sloppy Joes
A 20 minute dinner recipe perfect for your next Taco night! Taco Sloppy Joes are a nice change up and full of flavor.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 10 hamburger buns
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack
Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Brown ground beef. While browning add all seasonings.
- Once browned, stir in tomato sauce and tomato paste. Allow to simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
- To make the sour cream sauce, combine sour cream with all the seasonings.
- Butter hamburger buns and place under broiler for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble sloppy joes by spreading a little sour cream sauce on each toasted bun. Top with meat sauce, shredded cheese, lettuce, and diced tomatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other recipes you may like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT