Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Turkey Panini – An easy grilled sandwich recipe made easy and flavorful with sun-dried tomato pesto.
The day I discovered how to make a panini was a good day. I mean the concept is so simple, and I lived my whole life not ever making one! And now, I look forward to panini night so much! And this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Turkey Panini is no exception!
The key to a good panini is good bread. I like to buy a wide french bread loaf (sometimes they call them Italian loaves) or a bread round in the bakery section for my panini sandwiches. And I almost always use olive oil before grilling them.
From there, the choices of fillings are endless and pretty much up to you and your favorite ingredients. On this panini, I used a store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto to make it easy. This is packed with a ton of flavor! Then I add a thinly sliced turkey breast meat, some sliced mozzarella, and sliced onions and tomatoes.
They are super quick to prepare, so this meal makes the perfect weeknight meal. And for anyone who looks at you funny when you say you are having sandwiches for supper, just tell them that these are not your average sandwiches! And tell them to get the napkins ready, which is always a good indicator of a great meal!
Tips for Making a Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Turkey Panini:
- Grab a loaf of bread from the bakery section of your grocery store.
- Wide bread loaves work better such as a wide french bread loaf or a round Italian loaf.
- I buy thinly sliced turkey.
- I like to use sliced mozzarella cheese, but shredded would work too.
- Use store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto.
- No need for a fancy panini press!! Use another smaller skillet or pot to press it down.
- Picky eaters? Just skip the ingredients they don’t like. A few of my kids get a grilled turkey and cheese panini usually.
Other great additions to a panini:
- jarred peppers (roasted red peppers, pepperoncini peppers)
- caramelized onions
- 1 wide french bread loaf or round loaf (found in bakery section)
- olive oil
- 8 tbsp of sun-dried tomato pesto (a small jar will work)
- 9 oz sliced deli turkey(thinly sliced)
- 6 slices mozzarella
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Slice bread into ¾ inch slices.
- Spread each side with about 1 tbsp of pesto.
- Place several slices of turkey, 1 and ½ slices of mozzarella, sliced onion, and sliced tomato onto one side. Top with other side.
- Brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Place in skillet over medium heat and grill until golden brown. Press panini down using another smaller skillet. Flip and grill until golden brown again pressing with smaller skillet.
- Repeat with remaining 3 sandwiches.
Other great grilled panini sandwiches:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!