So since the first day I made this little lunch for myself, I’ve wanted to eat it almost everyday. I held myself back and ate other stuff because I so did not want to burn out on this. They are so good and I feel good about eating it too!
They start out with a whole wheat pita, hummus, turkey, and pepperjack. Then you just top them with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Seriously, it can’t get much easier.
You can even make them ahead and just heat them up in the toaster oven. I usually just eat half and save the other half for the next day.
I’m currently about 8 lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight…the final, hardest stretch! Isn’t it funny how easily you gain it during pregnancy, but it doesn’t come off quite so easily?
But this little guy is worth every pound…our unexpected, happy surprise!
So go ahead and try this one, and you won’t feel guilty about your lunch at all! One-half of this pizza is only 217 calories. Enjoy it with a cup of yogurt or a piece of fruit, and I promise it will be a satisfying lunch for sure!
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1 1/2 tbsp hummus (I use Roasted Garlic flavor)
- 4 thin slices turkey
- 3 slices pepperjack
- 1/4 shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- a few slivers of red onion
- Heat broiler.
- Place pita on a pan and under broiler for 2 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Take out pita, flip it.
- Spread hummus all over pita.
- Top with sliced turkey, sliced cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Place it back under broiler for 2 -3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with shredded lettuce.
- Cut in half and serve.
*I used Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217
Other recipes you might enjoy: