Sheet Pan Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes – An easy all in one sheet pan supper with a sweet heat spice! It makes a great healthy dinner idea!
I love a good sheet pan supper idea! This Sheet Pan Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes is no exception. Any meal that I can throw all the ingredients in a gallon-sized bag and not need to wash an extra dish is my kind of meal.
This makes such an easy weeknight supper idea. Your main ingredient and your side is done in one! Serve it with a green salad, and you have a great healthy supper idea.
Tips for making Sheet Pan Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes:
- The smaller your cube is on the sweet potatoes, the quicker they will roast.
- If you want a little extra char on those potatoes, turn on the broiler the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking time.
- Don’t have chicken tenderloins? You can easily use chicken breasts and slice them into strips.
- Line your baking sheet with foil or use a Silpat mat for easy clean up.
- 1.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a gallon size storage bag. Let air out and seal bag well. Toss ingredients inside bag to evenly coat everything.
- Line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with cooking oil spray or use a Silpat mat.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove chicken. Bake sweet potatoes an additional 10 minutes. If you want them a little more crispy, you can also turn on the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
If you don't have chicken tenderloins, you can use chicken breasts and just slide them into strips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other similar recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa
- Sheet Pan Roasted Sausage and Squash
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers