The name says it all on these wonderful lemon muffins soaked in a wonderful lemon coconut syrup…a burst of lemon flavor with coconut in the background…a perfect summer breakfast!
So my mom is not a huge lemon fan like some of my family members. This is complete opposite of me. I’ve blogged before about how much I just adore lemon. I love it so much that when I’m not pregnant, I love to drink Crystal Light lemonade all the time. I just love that tart, lemony flavor. My former co-worker shared this recipe with me a few years ago, and I’ve been in love ever since.
Well I made some of these and brought a few to my parent’s house knowing that my dad would like them. Well I got a call later from my mom saying how much she loved them! She went on about how delicious they were. I knew this recipe was good, but then this really gave me all the affirmation I needed to pass this recipe along to you.
So I declare these Lemon Burst Muffins, a perfect lemon treat even for the non-lemon loving person.
Lemon Burst Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt (or you can use vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, eggs, butter, and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Fold in coconut.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes.
- While muffins cool, begin creating lemon coconut syrup by heating sugar and lemon juice in a small sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- Poke 10 holes in each muffin using a toothpick.
- Spoon syrup over each muffin.
- Let soak in for a few minutes and remove from pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Looking for other lemon treats:
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Nothing says summer more than a bright lemon muffin! You know it’s going to be a good recipe when Mom says she is in love with them! They look fabulous!
Oh these look so good Jaren! I too love lemon! I love to eat lemons as well. I cut them into wedges and eat the whole wedge, rind and all. Plus it is good for my kidney’s and helps to keep those nasty kidney stones at bay. I will be trying this recipe out for sure! Hugs, Brenda
The Hungry Mum says
I adore lemon & I can see by your lovely blog that you do, too 🙂 These look so fresh & zesty.
My hubby adores all things lemon and throw coconut into the mix and he’ll be over the moon. Guess I know what I’m making for someone very soon! 🙂
That’s great! Be sure to let me know if he likes them! Thanks for visiting!
The (Gluten-Free!) Food Gurly says
Over the years I have come to love anything lemon! These wound amazing! I have a recipe for a boxed lemon cake mix that you don’t make according to the box directions….I don’t recall exactly what you do but after baking it, you poke holes in it and drizzle a glaze made with lemon juice and powdered sugar over the top of it….it is soooo good!!! These remind me of that!! 🙂
Nice recipe, Jaren. Thank you so much.