Mini Halloween Trifles – Layers of fun colored cake with pudding and topped off with some spider-webbed whipped cream! It’s a super fun dessert for your kids or grandkids, and it’s really quick to put together!
I LOVE Halloween! Not the super scary/gross Halloween…but the fun kind! It is one of the funnest food holidays, and there are always a ton of cute things to make for kids the whole month. The weekend before Halloween I usually make mummy hot dogs, ghost pudding cups, and this little treat! It is so simple to make and put together. It’s just a fun dessert for all your little people!
This year we are hoping for a better Halloween in our neighborhood. It is a fairly new neighborhood and there are a ton of houses. It should be a candy-lovers dream! Last year, however, it rained and poured on Halloween night and our city did not reschedule trick-or-treating. Boo! This year they promise to set a new date to trick-or-treat if the weather looks bad.
We plan on cooking a big gumbo and having lots of fun treats like this one to munch on before we go out and collect all the goodies.
We will have a Wolverine, a Dorothy, a Sophia the First, and a Baby Superman, so we should have some fun!
- 1 box white cake mix with necessary ingredients to make cake
- 1 3.4 oz box chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz cool whip or homemade whipped cream
- orange, purple, and green food coloring gel
- jarred hot fudge
- plastic spiders
- Make cake according to package directions.
- Divide batter into three separate bowls,
- Using food coloring gel, place about 1/4 tsp of each gel into the different bowls to make one orange, one purple, and one green. Add more gel to get desired color.
- Pour colored batter into three 8 inch cake pans
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let cakes cool.
- Whisk pudding mix with 2 cups of cold milk. I whisk it until combined, let it sit for a few minutes to thicken, and then I mix it again for a few seconds.
- Cut cakes into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Begin layering: Place a small amount of cake cubes in the bottom followed by a few tablespoons of chocolate pudding, repeat cake cubes and pudding. Place a small dollup of hot fudge in the center. Top with cool whip.
- Place a few teaspoons of hot fudge in a small plastic ziploc. Cut a really small hole in the corner of the bottom to use to pipe out hot fudge. Pipe fudge into concentric circles on cool whip. Use a knife and very slowly drag and pull knife through the circles to create a spider web. Place a plastic spider on top of the web. *Caution your kids not to eat the spider please 🙂
Anchor Hocking Presence Mini Trifle Footed Bowl, Set of 8
Clear Plastic Cups | 9 Ounce. - 200 Pack | Hard Disposable Cups
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might enjoy: