Gooey Halloween Popcorn Crunch – Popcorn, pretzels, candy corn, almonds, and cereal all mixed up in the most wonderfully addicting sugar coating!
You MUST make this Gooey Halloween Popcorn Crunch! You will probably want to make this more than once if you do! Make this for friends, co-workers, teachers, and your kids, and they will LOVE you! Then make a batch on Halloween night to hand out to your favorite trick-or-treaters!
It’s like caramel popcorn seriously kicked up a notch! I bagged some up and took them to our good friends’ house. Cute little packages tied up in strings….one of my favorite things!
What do you need to make Gooey Halloween Popcorn Crunch:
- kettle corn
- pretzel sticks
- sliced almonds or pecans
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- candy corn (optional)
- Halloween sprinkles
- light corn syrup
- Make sure you have a big bowl and a candy or electric meat thermometer
How to make this gooey treat:
- It is super easy to whip up. To make it even easier, use pre-popped popcorn. You can also buy microwave kettle corn. It takes about a bag and a half.
- Put everything in a BIG bowl and stir in the sugar coating. Spread it out on a large sheet pan or 2 11 x 17 pans and try very hard to resist snacking before it is all set up!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 6 cups popcorn (I used pre-popped Kettle corn)
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 to 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or pecans
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- In a LARGE bowl, mix popcorn, pretzels, sprinkles, Cheerios, and almonds.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar, corn syrup, and butter to 234 degrees while frequently stirring. (Mixture will be boiling and foamy for about 2 minutes while reaching this temperature).
- Remove from heat.
- CAREFULLY pour sugar mixture into bowl over popcorn mix.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Mix in candy corn.
- Spread out onto wax paper lined sheet pan to cool and set up for a few hours.
- Break up and store in an air tight container or storage bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Here’s another version without popcorn:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!