The name says it all on these wonderful lemon muffins soaked in a wonderful lemon coconut syrup…a burst of lemon flavor with coconut in the background…a perfect summer breakfast!
So my mom is not a huge lemon fan like some of my family members. This is complete opposite of me. I’ve blogged before about how much I just adore lemon. I love it so much that when I’m not pregnant, I love to drink Crystal Light lemonade all the time. I just love that tart, lemony flavor. My former co-worker shared this recipe with me a few years ago, and I’ve been in love ever since.
Well I made some of these and brought a few to my parent’s house knowing that my dad would like them. Well I got a call later from my mom saying how much she loved them! She went on about how delicious they were. I knew this recipe was good, but then this really gave me all the affirmation I needed to pass this recipe along to you.
So I declare these Lemon Burst Muffins, a perfect lemon treat even for the non-lemon loving person.
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt (or you can use vanilla)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, eggs, butter, and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Fold in coconut.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes.
- While muffins cool, begin creating lemon coconut syrup by heating sugar and lemon juice in a small sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- Poke 10 holes in each muffin using a toothpick.
- Spoon syrup over each muffin.
- Let soak in for a few minutes and remove from pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Looking for other lemon treats: