- 1 1/2 sticks margarine (not butter)
- 1 box brown sugar (2 cups)
- 2 cups SELF-RISING flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt margarine in a large sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar and self-rising flour. Mix well.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into jelly roll pan (11 x 17) and spread out evenly. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
*The original recipe highly recommends not using butter. Generally, I prefer butter over margarine, but I did not use real butter in this recipe.
**If you don't have SELF-RISING flour, make your own by adding 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt to each cup of flour. So for this recipe, it would need a total of 3 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt added to regular all-purpose flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.