Copy Cat Spicy Chicken Romano – Creamy bow-tie pasta with smoky sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and green onions all tossed with thinly sliced grilled chicken. This is a wonderful at-home version of a Johnny Carino’s classic!
I adore the Spicy Chicken Romano at Johnny Carino’s! This recipe nails it!
Oh my…this is a great pasta dish! I have to admit. I am not one to really be a huge fan of many of the main ingredients like artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. But there is just something about them in this pasta. They truly make the dish. The combination is excellent.
*Update – Sadly, we no longer have a Carino’s restaurant 🙁 I am so glad I can still enjoy my favorite dish from home!!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 14 oz. can drained artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (I used smoked)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 pint half and half
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded/grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Using an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill, grill chicken breasts about 6-8 minutes per side or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Set aside to rest a few minutes. Slice chicken very thinly.
- Boil bowtie pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, green onions, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes. Add salt and pepper or creole seasoning. Saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add thinly sliced chicken. Saute 2 -3 more minutes. Add flour and stir for about a minute. Add half and half and Parmesan. Stir and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine.
Other past dishes you may like: