Copy Cat Bang Bang Shrimp – I have to admit it…the name of these shrimp is what enticed me to give this recipe a try…and boy am I glad I did!
These little babies are so good! I love any excuse to cook shrimp, and I just couldn’t pass these up. Fried shrimp are a part of my heritage. We are all about them in Louisiana! What takes these over the top? The sauce!! I know, I know…they are a little excessive. But every now and then, a meal like this is fun to make.
This copy-cat Bonefish Grill recipe is courtesy of Food Network Magazine. They are super yummy. I served them with Lo-Mein and Hibachi Veggies. It was a fabulous meal!
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- salt and pepper or seasoned salt
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- salt (optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch and 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour, then in eggs, and then back in flour.
- Fry the shrimp in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Make the sauce: Mix the mayo, chili sauce, honey, sweet and sour, and water in a large bowl.
- Toss the shrimp into the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with green onions.
Here are a few side dish suggestions:
Looking for a basic fried shrimp recipe?
Give these Easy Popcorn Shrimp a try!