Do your kids like food on sticks? Mine do! I’m loving that this little recipe turned out to be such a hit. My son was all about poking each tomato with the bamboo toothpick. They really thought that this was so cool that it was their supper.
As I made this, the wheels in my head were turning as I envisioned making so many meat and veggie combinations to get my kids eating more of a variety of foods. If a stick helps make supper more enticing, then lets do it!
But it wasn’t just the stick that made this recipe so good. The chicken was de-li-cious! It was sauteed in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®spread giving it a wonderful flavor. Each mini-bite was juicy and tender. Normally I shy away from sauteing in butter because it can burn, but this I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread held up really well ! The chicken cooked beautifully in it! .
So what makes I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® so good?
- It’s now made with real, simple ingredients and no preservatives.
- It’s made from non GMO-sourced ingredients.
- It has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter.
- It contains no trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- It can be part of an overall healthy diet by providing your with a source of good fat much like avocados and nuts do.
- It is available in original, olive oil, and light varieties.
These are things that make me feel better about cooking with it .
You can visit the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® site for some great recipe ideas too. I found this great Chicken Scampi Bites recipe, which is where I got the inspiration for these Chicken Caprese Bites.
The recipe couldn’t be easier! It would be perfect for a party appetizer too. You start off sauteing your chicken in the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and garlic. Then you just add in some balsamic vinegar , basil, and top with mozzarella. Skewer with tomatoes, and you are done! Quick and easy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- 3 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 6 slices mozzarella, cut into 24 squares
- 2 tbsp shredded basil, plus a little more to garnish
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus some to drizzle
- 24 appetizer skewers or toothpicks
- Melt 2 tbsp of the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute being careful it doesn't burn.
- Add chicken and saute for 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, place tomatoes onto skewers.
- Once chicken is cooked, add balsamic and basil. Toss to coat.
- Turn off heat and place a square of mozzarella onto each chicken piece.
- Now place the chicken onto each skewer and onto serving platter.
- Drizzle with a little more balsamic and a sprinkle of basil.
You might also like: