Well we had a baby last Thursday! So we need a lot of simple dinners in my house right now! This is a delicious and simple casserole your family will love.
We welcomed our newest addition on July 10, 2014!
Landry Miles – 8 lbs. and 20.5 inches long
He’s just so sweet!
Everyone was SO EXCITED!
I must admit I was a little apprehensive about taking him home to face the madness of three other kids, but it’s not been too bad. The first day was A LOT of “It’s my turn to hold him!” But each day has gotten a little better.
This little girl is especially in love with her new little brother!
Our family was so helpful watching the kids and cooking us some fabulous comfort foods. We have had:
Roast and Rice and Gravy
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Homemade French Bread
Meatballs and Gravy with Mashed Potatoes
Banana Nut Cake
Oatmeal and Mayhaw Jelly Bars
Strawberry Short Cake
Wowzers! That’s a list of some great food! We were so grateful and felt so loved.
One of the meals I like to make for people is this Cheesy Peasy Chicken Spaghetti. It is really delicious and feeds a crowd. It’s great for potlucks too!
Cheesy Peasy Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- Seasoned salt or creole seasoning
- 1 16 oz. package thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 2 cans mild Rotel or 2 cans regular diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can sweet peas, undrained
- Boil chicken in water seasoned with seasoned salt or creole seasoning.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before dicing.
- Boil spaghetti according to package directions. (You can use water you used to boil chicken if you'd like).
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil and melt butter over medium high heat.
- Saute onions, bell pepper, and celery for about 7 to 10 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Stir in soups and Rotel.
- Add in cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add in peas with juice.
- Stir in spaghetti.
- Pour pasta into a large casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other casseroles you might love:
I’m linking up with:
Best of the Weekend
Show Stopper Saturday
Saturday Night Fever
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness says
SO excited for you! CONGRATS! I can’t believe you’re already posting!
And something that sounds so yummy! I love anything cheesy and easy peasy! Pinned!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
Congratulations again, Jaren! You are so amazing four having four little ones and doing all that you do! I love this recipe too. Sharing!
Congrats on this sweet bundle of joy Jaren!!! Been thinking about you and wondering if baby made his debut. He certainly is a cutie and looks like the other kids are happy have him here!! Sounds like you are being well taken care of with all the food. That’s a good thing! The cheesy peasy chicken spaghetti looks really good. Not sure if anyone but me would eat it though. lol I eat everything unfortunately. What can I say, I love food and babies and kids! Congrats once again my friend!!! Hugs, Brenda
Thanks so much Brenda!
Deborah Pucci says
Recipe sounds delicious…..
Thank you so much Deborah!