Cheesy Enchilada Soup – A delicious and hearty soup filled with ground beef, enchilada sauce, beans, tomatoes, and corn. It’s a quick and easy one-pot supper too!
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese OR Pepperjack or a mixture of both*
- sour cream and to garnish
- Fritos (optional)
- In a LARGE pot, brown ground chuck and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off grease.
- Add canned ingredients and cumin. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cheese reserving a little for garnish. Garnish with sour cream and Fritos, if desired.
- * I used mostly Monterey Jack cheese since I didn't want it too spicy.
Adapted from Cooking with Paula Deen