A dump cake was one of the first desserts I made when I first got married. My mom had given me a box filled with recipe cards, and Apple Dump Cake was probably one of my favorite things in there. It is my husband’s favorite and I make it for his birthday every year.
The name “Dump Cake” pretty much explains how easy this dessert really is. You literally dump all the ingredients in the pan and bake it. It really doesn’t get much easier than that! I serve the apple version with vanilla ice cream, but for this one I went with homemade whipped cream…yummo!
- 2 cans strawberry pie filling
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 sticks butter, cut up into cubes
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour both cans of pie filling into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the pie filling spreading evenly to cover.
- Distribute butter cubes all over the top of cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.
- For whipped cream, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat whipping cream with powdered sugar until it thickens to the texture of whipped cream.
- Spoon cake into bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Check out these other desserts: