Crescent Chicken – Canned crescent rolls stuffed with a cream cheese chicken mixture and baked for a super comforting week-night supper.
It still shocks me to write that I’m expecting my FOURTH child. If someone would have told me 8 years ago that I would have FOUR children, I would have never believed it. We feel blessed beyond measure! It was such a struggle to get pregnant the first time. We went through 2 miscarriages and months of fertility medicine. But we finally had our first baby girl in February 2007. It has been a wild ride since with no other fertility issues. Again, we are blessed!!!
However, with pregnancy for me comes a horrible feeling that I can only describe as “UGH!” My husband was so helpful throughout all of it. My kids were such good sports too. Our little one, who is 2, is such a daddy’s girl anyway, so she was really fine with him doing everything for her.
So needless to say, this has been a time of survival mode for me. I was able to do the essentials in day to day life to get by and take care of my family, but cooking and photographing food was not on the top of my list. I’m almost 20 weeks, and I have slowly felt myself returning to normal (yes, it takes me a while). I’m ready to get back to doing the things I love to do!
And speaking of things I love…this Crescent Chicken is one of them. I first heard about it from a co-worker several years ago. I was so intrigued and did some searches online for a recipe. I made this one by combining several things I liked from some of the recipes I found.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, boiled or (SEE link for a super easy slow cooker method)
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese (divided into thirds)
- 1-2 tbsp diced pimento
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine cream of chicken, milk, and a third of the shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper or creole seasoning. Heat until cheese melts and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in chicken, another third of shredded cheese, and pimento. Season to taste.
- Next pour half of the soup mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles. Place a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture on to wide end of triangle and roll up tucking in the sides a little.
- Arrange crescents over the soup i the casserole dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Add last third of shredded cheese and bake 3 more minutes.
So now are you ready for an awesome way to cook your chicken on a weeknight and have it waiting for you when you get home to cook? Well visit Shay over at Mix and Match Mama for her perfect cooked chicken recipe using the slow cooker. Seriously…life-changing!
Connect with Jaren:
Want some amazing FREE coupons? Hundreds more can be found here: http://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/coupon-gallery