A cereal bar filled with cinnamon, pecans, almonds, granola clusters, and Protein Cheerios all dunked in white chocolate… and a giveaway for Back to School!!
Well it’s almost time for school where we live. It is only 2 1/2 weeks away. It seems like it comes earlier and earlier. I’ve always loved the beginning of school. In fact, it is probably one of the things I miss most about teaching. I loved getting my classroom fresh and ready for a new crop of kids. It always made me a little nervous and excited.
Today we decided to tackle getting school supplies, shoes, and finished up buying uniforms. It was a pretty productive day! All that’s left is stocking up on school snacks and lunch stuff in a few weeks.
As far as snacks go, I’ve got one great one for you right here. Have you tried the new Protein Cheerios? They are delicious, and I immediately knew I wanted to make cereal bars with them. And then I thought, “Why not dip them in some white chocolate?” And that was a good decision!
My husband, who is not a huge fan of sweets, kept going back and getting him one of these little treats. They are quite addicting! Hope you give them a try and be sure to see the awesome Back to School giveaway below!!
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Protein Cheerios (Cinnamon Almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add cereal and stir until cereal is completely coated.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Press cereal mixture firmly into pan. It helps to spray hands with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool completely (about 1-2 hours).
- Cut into 16 bars. I used a pizza cutter.
- Pour white chocolate chips into a shallow bowl and melt in microwave stirring ever 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip the bottom of each cereal bar in chocolate. Place on waxed paper to set up and let chocolate harden completely for about an hour.
Getting ready for back to school can be so EXPENSIVE! I’ve already spent a fortune on school supplies, uniforms, and school shoes. And then when school starts, I’ll have to pay class fees and countless other things. So I teamed up with some other bloggers to help giveaway $400 cash to one of our lucky readers! Who couldn’t use that??
The Weary Chef – Joyful Healthy Eats – Lemon Tree Dwelling
Five Heart Home – Cooking on the Front Burner – Diary of a Recipe Collector
Clarks Condensed – Life Made Sweeter – Lemons for Lulu
Little Miss Celebration – Food Faith Fitness – House of Yumm
Melanie Makes – Krafted Koch – The Bitter Side of Sweet
Julie’s Eats & Treats – Vegan in the Freezer – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Kleinworth & Co. – Flavor the Moments – Spoonful of Flavor
The Midnight Baker – Frugal Foodie Mama – Mom’s Test Kitchen
Eazy Peazy Mealz – Hot Eats and Cool Reads – Call Me PMc
My Gluten-free Kitchen – A Little Claireification – Yesterfood
Belle of the Kitchen – Petite Allergy Treats – The Grant Life
Yummy Healthy Easy – Beyond Frosting – Wishes and Dishes
I Dig Pinterest – Love Bakes Good Cakes
Life, Love and Sugar – Delightful E Made