Farmer’s Pork Chops -A perfect Sunday dinner – The whole meal bakes up in a casserole dish starting with layers of potatoes and onions, while the pork chops cook on top. So good!
Oh how I adore this recipe! It is super comforting! And there is just something so appealing about being able to cook your meat and your veggies together, right? These Farmer’s Pork Chops will be a hit…I promise!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced ¼ thick
- ½ medium onion, sliced thinly into half rings
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- seasoned salt or creole seasoning
- 5 center cut pork chops, ½ inch thick
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- White Sauce:
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- ½ to ¾ tsp pepper
- 4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large casserole dish, layer half of the potatoes and half of the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with other half of potatoes and onions and salt and pepper.
- Prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a large sauce pan. Turn off heat. Stir in flour. Add salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, add milk, 1 cup at a time. Bring to a boil and stir frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Sauce should thicken. Then let set a minute.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and bake for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- While potatoes are cooking. Season pork chops with seasoned salt. Dredge pork chops in a little flour. Lightly brown in vegetable oil. Do not cook them completely.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place pork chops on top of potatoes as they are removed from the pan. Arrange pork chops until they all fit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered. The sauce will come out bubbly and so good after baking under the pork chops! Serve with a vegetable side. Enjoy!!
Connect with Jaren: