Slow Cooker Southern Cheesesteak Sandwiches – Shredded beef, onions, and peppers piled high with Pepper Jack cheese and served on a toasted kaiser roll. This is an easy and delicious dinner recipe you must try soon!
I’m happy to share these Slow Cooker Southern Cheesesteak sandwiches with you! I’ve been working on getting these right for a while. My family has been patient with me. Ha! And I’m pleased to report that everyone was happy with their cheesesteak sandwich last night!
This dinner idea couldn’t be easier to throw together, and it smells so amazing! It’s got all those ingredients we love down here in Louisiana… onions, bell peppers, garlic, creole seasoning. And a few jarred peppers for some spice is always nice!
Slow cooker recipes like this one make me feel like I’m totally winning at life. It’s the perfect recipe for busy school nights!
Tips for making Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Sandwiches:
- I like to change up the cheese for my kiddos. They prefer shredded Colby Jack on their sandwich.
- Out of beef broth? Make your own by using 4 beef boullion cubes to 30 oz of boiling water and let cool slightly before adding to slow cooker.
- Serve these panini-style. Slice up some french bread into 1 inch slices. Grill and press them down in a skillet for a hot-pressed panini sandwich instead.
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram
Slow Cooker Southern Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 3-4 lb. chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans beef broth
- 3 tbsp sliced pepperoncini peppers (jarred) with juice
- 1 tbsp sliced jalapeno peppers (jarred)
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese or 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 6 kaiser rolls ( found in bakery section)
- butter for toasting bread
- Season both sides of roast with 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning on each side. Place into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic and spread over the top of the roast. Top with bell peppers and onions.
- Top with 3 tbsp pepperoncini and 1 tbsp of the juice. Top with 1 tbsp jarred sliced jalapeno peppers.
- Pour beef broth over the roast and peppers and add last 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove beef and shred with a fork. Return shredded roast back to slow cooker.
- Butter sliced kaiser rolls and place under broiler for about a minute or until golden brown. Top each roll with shredded beef, peppers and cheese and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT