This has to be one of my FAVORITE Paula Deen recipes ever! I’m a huge fan, and I have a ton of her cookbooks, magazines, etc. With that being said, this recipe right here is one of the best!!! I make these when my in-laws come over to eat. They are easy and great for a nice supper with family. I usually make some sort of corn casserole along the side.
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups rice , cooked
- 1/2 cup jarred Cheese and Salsa (found with chips and dip)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned is fine)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, leaving the stems on if you can.
- Remove seeds and ribs and set inside a large casserole dish.
- Brown and season beef.
- Add onions and garlic and 1 1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules.
- Saute until onions are transparent. Drain grease.
- Add the rice, jarred cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions, and soy sauce and mix well. Taste to check your seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Stuff this mixture into peppers.
- Mix the hot water with the remaining bouillon granules and stir until dissolved. Pour into the bottom of the casserole dish. This will help steam the peppers while cooking.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and spoon a little of the juice from the dish onto the peppers. Top each pepper with a little shredded cheese and put back in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. YUMMY!!!!!!
Slightly adapted from - The Lady and Sons, Too! Cookbook
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
- Le Creuset LS2501-2867 Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round French (Dutch) Oven, 7-1/4-Quart, Cerise
- Rachael Ray 87395 Brights Hard Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan - 5 Quart, Gray
- Paula Deen 16992 Riverbend Nonstick Chicken Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Side Handles - 12.5 Inch, Red